THE ALL-MOUNTAIN FREE-SURF BINDING
Ideal for freestyle, freeride and surf slashing
The Mercury binding is designed for the all-mountain rider who needs supreme edge control and comfort balanced with a more maneuverable, medium stiff flex. The Mercury will respond instantly to your every move thanks to NOW Skate Tech technology that transfers your energy directly to your edges. The Mercury’s Flex Hinge highback offers solid support while absorbing chatter and eliminating calf-bite. The Mercury can be set up in Surf mode or Freeride mode by switching bushing and swapping the Flip-It ankle straps. Surf mode offers maximum tweak-ability, Freeride mode offers maximum response.
3-D Toe straps EVA combo
Tool-less adjuster straps
Nylon, recycled carbon post
Hanger 2.0 Nylon reinforced with 30% fiberglass
4x4 and EST disc included / 50%GF nylon
Flex hinge highback
Weight: 908 grams
Lifetime Warranty (Baseplate)
- Creates a fulcrum that magnifies edge to edge energy transfer through leverage.
- Made from stainless steel with 4mm Allen key hardware.
- Creates a lever that pivots on Kingpin.
- Transfer energy input from straps to bushings and onto board edges.
- Baseless design allows for even board flex.
- Made from Nylon reinforced with 30% fiberglass.
- Hanger flex rating: 8
- Main contact point to board.
- Applies energy directly to edge and dampens board chatter.
- Customizable dampening system.
- The connection between binding and board.
- Bolts to board with 4x4 disc or Channel disc.
- Attached to Hanger with Kingpin.
- Made from Nylon and recycled Carbon.
FREERIDE MODE VS SURF MODE
Jones bindings offer customizable dampening and response by switching between Surf Mode and Freeride Mode. Surf Mode lets you tweak harder, while Freeride Mode keeps you locked in for maximum response. Switch modes by changing the bushings from soft (Surf Mode) to hard (Freeride Mode) and adjusting the Flip-It ankle straps. The Flip-It strap allows you to interchange the ankle straps between the left and right binding to create custom response. Ride with the ankle straps in Freeride mode for more lateral support and board response or flip the straps into Surf Mode for solid heel support, but more ankle flexibility for getting loose.
FLIP-IT STRAP | FREERIDE MODE
FREERIDE MODE Position the wide half of the strap above the buckle for more lateral support and board response. Use Hard Bushings for maximum board response.
Designed for balanced response and flex.
Comfortable Flex Hinge technology dampens chatter and eliminates calf-bite.
- Higher medial side follows leg angles, lateral side hook for added support
- Flex Hinge technology dampens chatter and eliminates calf-bite
- Pre-rotated ten degrees
- Tool-less forward lean adjustment
- Highback Flex Rating: 6